Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I've not been keeping up with this blog very well. Busy life, but not a lot going on that's very interesting. Kid health issues lately, and cat health issues, and I'm working like mad - working on wrapping up a long term contract and keeping up my freelance contacts (which are MUCH more fun).

We watched Tideland last night. It's a wonderful, disturbing movie. The interviews with Gilliam were interesting. He was bemoaning the fact that we're all so concerned about pedophilia, seeing the world as such a dangerous place for our children. He seemed kind of naive about it to me. I think part of the current concern about it comes from our exposure to the underside of people through the internet - in the past, our neighbor's thoughts were kept to themselves - now we have the shock of finding out what some of them are thinking, and it wasn't what we expected.

No comments: